Long Covid Treatment
Table of Contents
Stem cell therapy can help the patient recover faster from Covid-19, decreasing the damaging effects caused to the tissues, swelling, fibrosis and functional insufficiency.
Mesenchymal stem cells are a powerful immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory agent, they normalize the function of the immune system, altered by COVID-19. Post COVID-19 patients can present lung damage, heart and brain, which increases the risk of long-term health problems. This is why it is important to follow up with your doctor and monitor your health to prevent any other condition in the future.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells’ protective effect for Long Covid
- Antibacterial - When patients suffering Covid-19 require hospitalization, it is common that, under the stress generated by this disease, their immune system is impaired, which makes the patient vulnerable to additional infections. Stem Cell Therapy (SCT) increases the overall activity of our immune systems, which greatly increases the probability of not suffering secondary infections and afflictions.
- Immunomodulation - When a viral infection afflicts a patient, such as Covid-19, a reaction known as “Cytokine Storm” is produced by the immune system. Excessive inflammation is its main effect. Excessive production of proinflammatory cytokines leads to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) aggravation and widespread tissue damage resulting in multi-organ failure and death. SCT reduces the inflammation level by regulating the immune system, stabilizing the patient’s natural immune response.
- Anti-apoptosis - Apoptosis is the process of programmed cell death. SCT stimulates growth factors that will prevent cell death of damaged tissues. SCT generates an anti-apoptosis reaction in order to impede the untimely death of cells within tissues and organs afflicted by Covid-19, that were previously unaffected and functioning adequately.
- Regeneration - The last stage of SCT for Covid-19 patients promotes cicatrization and avoids fibrosis (scarring of tissue), while regulating the alveoli’s permeability and regenerating the entire pulmonary apparatus, as well as additionally healing cellular and tissue damage in other systemic organs.
Stem cell therapy for Covid Treatment
Both elderly and patients with serious illnesses are those who may experience more symptoms of the virus, as well as young patients who feel healthy, may feel unwell for more than 2 weeks or even months after the infection. The most common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:
- Chest pain
- Joint pain
- Shortness of breath
Mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy has been shown to help with the damage that the COVID-19 virus has caused, on patients with this type of condition.
Important Facts of Stem Cell Covid Treatment
- FDA recently approved the use of stem cells for COVID-19 clinical trails
- Both of the therapeutic interventions (administration of MSCs and HBO2 therapy) have been proven to be efficient and safe in treating patients infected with COVID-19 in preliminary clinical trials.
Esquivel D., Mishra R., Srivastava A. Mesenchymal stem cells therapy and hyperbaric chamber in treating COVID-19 symptoms. Annals of Medicine and Medical Research
- In Stem Cell Therapy IV (Intravenous) applications, most stem cells remain in the lungs.
Durand, N.; Mallea, J.; Zubair, A. C. Insights into the Use of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in COVID-19 Mediated Acute Respiratory Failure. npj Regen Med 2020, 5 (1).
- IV application has been proven more efficient in achieving immunomodulatory effects.
Qinjun Zhao, Hongying Ren, Zhongchao Han. Mesenchymal stem cells: Immunomodulatory capability and clinical potential in immune diseases. Journal of Cellular Immunotherapy. Volume 2, Issue 1. 2016. Pages 3-20. ISSN 2352-1775.
What to look foward to
Long Covid patinents from Giostar have shared that stem cell therapy can help to reduce inflammation and improve lung function in patients that are recovering long lasting COVID s. The therapy works by differentiating stem cells into immune cells, which can help to regulate the immune response and reduce the cytokine storm that can lead to severe symptoms.
Patients who received stem cell therapy reported a significant improvement in their symptoms, including improved oxygen saturation levels and reduced need for mechanical ventilation. The therapy has the potential to reduce the severity of the disease and improve the overall outcome of patients that had COVID. While more research is needed, these results suggest that stem cell therapy can be a promising treatment option for patients recovered from COVID.
Stem cell therapy cost for Covid Treatment
Stem cell therapy cost for Post Covid 19, in Giostar Mexico, starts at $8,500.00 USD for one application (half-treatment). Pricing highly depends on the personalized protocol that the Medical Director determines based on each patient's condition. What may this include?
- Transportation from hotel-clinic, clinic-hotel and airport-hotel as well as hotel-airport (mainly for our Clinics in Playa del Carmen and Guadalajara; our Clinic in Los Algodones, due to its proximity to the US-Mexico border crossing, we pick up patients on the border or at Yuma Airport and take them to our clinic or their hotel)
- Lodging (available in our Clinic in Algodones) in Hotel Hacienda or Hotel Cielito Lindo
- Oxygen Therapy
- Body preparation – Nutritional IV Therapy
- 1 - 10 billion exosomes (volume depends on Doctor's personal evaluation of each patient)
- 1 - 4 stem cell vials (35 - 140 million stem cells)
- Laboratory protocol by Dr. Anand (activation of the stem cells in order to direct them towards the affected tissue or organ)
- Medical Consultation
- Dietitian Follow up post-therapy
- Preferential prices for future reinforcements/applications
- Laboratory exams the previous day before the first application
If you are interested in receiving the benefits of stem cell therapy, you can fill out this contact form and we will give you a call or email you as soon as possible. You can also contact us directly to our US landline 619-866-6000.
Stem Cell Therapy Financing
Giostar Mexico is continuously looking to provide our patients with resources and options to receive stem cell therapy at the best stem cell clinics in Mexico. We are happy to announce that, through United Medical Credit, our patients (exclusive for US citizens) may now receive up to $25,000.00 USD in credit for their treatment (note: price for therapy varies depending on the condition to be treated and a number of stem cells [vials] included). Patients can ask for the maximum amount of the credit or ask for a percentage based on the price of the therapy.
Giostar Mexico News
Giostar stem cell therapy helps patients to direct the damage that has been done by the virus, by regenerating tissue, nerve and helping with the symptoms that the virus caused. This is an excellent alternative to help address and prevent future COVID-19 complications and conditions like lung disease, kidney disease, heart failure, stroke and blood-related problems.
Why choose Giostar Mexico?
Thanks to a progressive legal framework in Mexico, Giostar can provide personalized therapy with intravenous and local applications otherwise legally unavailable in the United States and Canada. As everyone is unique, we develop personalized protocols for each patient. Although patients may share the same condition, we understand that similar symptoms does not necessarily mean same solution or treatment for everyone. Genetics, lifestyle and other circumstances can affect differently how patients respond to therapy.
It’s of utmost importance that you answer our health history form, this will determine two major factors:
- Your eligibility for therapy
- Your personalized protocol is developed according to your needs.
Stem cell therapy is a procedure in the regenerative medicine field. Regenerative medicine's ultimate goal is that our body regenerates itself. What stem cell therapy does in your body is slow down or stop the suffered deterioration and it can even regenerate damaged tissue and organs. That is why we ask our patients to fill out health form, so our medical staff may first identify if stem cell therapy is actually an option for them, as well as allow our medical team to understand each patient's specific health condition.
If you want to find out if you're a candidate for stem cell therapy, you can fill out this contact form and we will give you a call or email you as soon as possible. You can also contact us directly to our US landline 619-866-6000.