B.S. in Biology graduated and M.S. in Molecular Ecology and Biotechnology from Baja California Autonomous University. She is currently furthering her studies through a master’s degree in Engineering and Innovation at CETYS University.
• Member of the Mexican College of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine A.C.
• Member of the Mexican Council of Stem Cells for Therapeutic Research Purposes A.C.
Diana has taken courses of:
- "Management of Hazardous Biological-Infectious Waste"
- "Professional update with a postgraduate degree in Regenerative Medicine"
- "Update of Specialized Regenerative Medicine Techniques"
- "4th Specialized Course in Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy"
- "5th Specialized Course in Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy"
Also, she has participated in the following events and courses:
• Professor in “Update of Specialized Regenerative Medicine Techniques”
• 1st International Congress on Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy
• 2nd International Congress on Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy.
• Speaker in Webinar "Therapeutic effects of MSC in patients with Covid-19"
• Speaker at "5th Specialized Course in Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy"
“I find it fascinating and captivating the communication that happens on a cellular and molecular level, once mesenchymal stem cells enter the patient’s body. Due to various mechanisms in action within cells, it is possible to improve the quality of life of people on a molecular and cellular level, as well in tissues.” – Diana Esquivel
• Esquivel D, Garza D, Srivastava A. Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy: An Alternative Approach to Treat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2020;4(1):1035.
• Esquivel D, Mishra R, Soni P, Seetharaman R, Mahmood A, Srivastava A. Stem Cells Therapy as a Possible Therapeutic Option in Treating COVID-19 Patients. Stem Cell Rev and Rep. 2021;17(1):144–52. doi: 10.1007/s12015-020-10017-6
• Esquivel D, Mishra R, Srivastava A. Stem Cell Therapy Offers a Possible Safe and Promising Alternative Approach for Treating Vitiligo: A Review. Curr Pharm Des. 2020;26(37):4815-4821. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200730221446