Stem Cell Therapy Canada
Canada is a very accessible country when it comes to medical treatment. Its health system is very good and covers a large number of diseases. However, when it comes to Stem Cell Therapy, the landscape changes a lot.
The same government warns against unauthorized clinics that could be working with Stem Cells: “Health Canada is advising Canadians that some clinics and health care practitioners are offering unauthorized cell therapies, such as stem cell therapy, suggesting that these treatments are safe, and are making unproven health claims to patients.”
“All cell therapies are considered drugs under the Food and Drugs Act. This means that they must be authorized by Health Canada to ensure that they are safe and effective before they can be offered to Canadians.” - spokesperson from Health Canada
The Canadian government is not regulating all clinics, so quality and safe treatment cannot be assured.
Formerly there were only one stem cell therapy authorized for specific resources “To date, Health Canada has granted market authorization only for the stem cell therapy Prochymal to treat Graft versus Host Disease (GvHD)”. In 2021, permission was granted to use cell therapy to treat lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and Adult B-cell Lymphoma.
Actions have even been taken against clinics that operated without proper licenses “The Department has taken action against multiple clinics that offer cell therapies. If any clinic is found to be offering unauthorized cell therapies to Canadians, Health Canada will follow up and take appropriate and timely action.”
Stem Cell Therapy Canada Cost
When we talk about costs, they are usually not very high. You can find clinics that offer treatments from $2,500.00 USD up to $25,000.00 USD. This may sound like a very tempting offer, however it is important to mention that many clinics operate without permits. “Clinics continue to provide 'regenerative' cell therapies without federal approval”. “There is a lack of clinical trial evidence to determine whether the procedures are safe and effective. And there has been a long-running debate about whether they're legal.”
Before taking a Stem Cells treatment, make sure that the clinic has all the permits and licenses in order to operate.
Giostar Stem Cell Therapy Mexico
Giostar is a leading company in the field of stem cell therapy with more than 15 years of experience. We are in a constant search for innovation and progress to continue offering the best treatments for various diseases and chronic pain such as ALS, COPD, Diabetes, Arthritis, among many others; With personalized treatments directed by Dr. Anand Srivastava, we seek to offer unique therapies for unique conditions, like yours.
In regards of legislation and regulations for stem cell therapy, Mexico has some of the most progressive legal frameworks in the world, which allows to treat patients with conditions that require types of infiltrations that are not allowed in the USA, including those that require intrathecal, cervical or lumbar infiltration. Another very important point is the support and regulation of COFEPRIS (Mexico's equivalent of the FDA), which verifies that all processes are carried out properly for the perfect care of patients.
Stem Cell Therapy Cost Mexico
On average, Stem Cell Therapy in Mexico with Giostar Mexico starts at $8,500.00 USD for one application (half-treatment). Pricing highly depends on the personalized protocol that the Medical Director determines based on each patient's condition.
What may an average stem cell treatment include?
- (Transportation from hotel-clinic, clinic-hotel and airport-hotel as well as hotel-airport (mainly for our Clinics in Playa del Carmen and Guadalajara; our Clinic in Los Algodones, due to its proximity to the US-Mexico border crossing, we pick up patients on the border and take them to our clinic or their hotel)
- Lodging (included in our Clinic in Algodones; lodging in Guadalajara and Playa del Carmen are paid by the patient)
- Oxygen Therapy
- Body preparation – Nutritional IV Therapy
- 1 - 10 billion exosomes (volume depends on Doctor's personal evaluation of each patient)
- 1 - 4 stem cell vials (35 - 140 million stem cells)
- Laboratory protocol by Dr. Anand Srivastava (activation of the stem cells in order to direct them towards the affected tissue or organ)
- Medical Consultation
- Dietitian Follow up post-therapy
- Preferential prices for future reinforcements/applications
- Laboratory exams the previous day before first application