Post Covid 19 treatment based on Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy
Currently, Stem Cell Treatment is undergoing scientific evaluations focused in identifying results and effects when applied to covid-19 and post covid-19 patients. MS Diana Esquivel, from Giostar Mexico, is among several active scientists within prestigious organizations collaborating towards this much needed delivery of viable solutions for a permanent successful recovery.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells’ protective effect for post Covid 19 infection.
- Antibacterial – When patients suffering Covid-19 require hospitalization, it is common that, under the stress generated by this disease, their immune system is impaired, which makes the patient vulnerable to additional infections. Stem Cell Therapy (SCT) increases overall activity of our immune systems, which greatly increases the probabilities of not suffering secondary infections and afflictions.
- Immunomodulation – When a viral infection afflicts a patient, such as Covid-19, a reaction known as “Cytokine Storm” is produced by the immune system. Excessive inflammation is its main effect. Excessive production of proinflammatory cytokines leads to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) aggravation and widespread tissue damage resulting in multi-organ failure and death. SCT reduces the inflammation level by regulating the immune system, stabilizing the patient’s natural immune response.
- Anti-apoptosis – Apoptosis is the process of programmed cell death. SCT stimulates growth factors that will prevent cell death of damaged tissues. SCT generates anti-apoptosis reaction in order to impede untimely death of cells within tissues and organs afflicted by Covid-19, that were previously unaffected and functioning adequately.
- Regeneration – The last stage of SCT for Covid-19 patients promotes cicatrization and avoids fibrosis (scarring of tissue), while regulating the alveoli’s permeability and regenerating the entire pulmonary apparatus, as well as additionally healing cellular and tissue damage in other systemic organs.
Our Chief Scientific Officer and Co-Founder, Dr. Anand Srivastava, was recently interviewed by ABC News, where he had the opportunity of sharing preliminary promising results.
Important facts to consider
- FDA recently approved the use of stem cells for COVID-19 clinical trails
- Both of the therapeutic interventions (administration of MSCs and HBO2 therapy) have been proven to be efficient and safe in treating patients infected with COVID-19 in preliminary clinical trials.
Esquivel D., Mishra R., Srivastava A. Mesenchymal stem cells therapy and hyperbaric chamber in treating COVID-19 symptoms. Annals of Medicine and Medical Research
- In Stem Cell Therapy IV (Intravenous) applications, most stem cells remain in the lungs.
Durand, N.; Mallea, J.; Zubair, A. C. Insights into the Use of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in COVID-19 Mediated Acute Respiratory Failure. npj Regen Med 2020, 5 (1).
- IV application has been proven more efficient in achieving immunomodulatory effects.
Qinjun Zhao, Hongying Ren, Zhongchao Han. Mesenchymal stem cells: Immunomodulatory capability and clinical potential in immune diseases. Journal of Cellular Immunotherapy. Volume 2, Issue 1. 2016. Pages 3-20. ISSN 2352-1775.